First of all, I would like to introduce myself properly so everyone knows who stands behind Story-Bat:
My name is Mile. I am currently working full-time as an informatics project manager in a major hospital in Switzerland.
I love everything about fantasy, be it in the form of books, podcasts, films, or games. There’s nothing like the thrill of stepping outside of my everyday world to immerse myself in the trials of a band of adventurers as they quest through a richly imagined world.
And I love writing; alone or together with other people. Creating whole new realms out of nothing is simply fascinating. With the dawn of the internet (and in particular online forums) collaborative writing became a big part of this pastime activity.
I still enjoy participating in BRPGs (Board-Roleplaying-Games) on classic forums like WBB3, but as the years passed, I found the functionality provided there lacking. This is where the idea for Story-Bat emerged. I fostered this brainchild for almost two years, resulting in an elaborate architecture specification; a definition of what Story-Bat should, nay needs to be.
Story-Bat is a platform where you can write stories on your own or together with other people. The site supports classic linear storytelling like most known literature. But you can also create ‘Choose-your-own-adventure”-type stories where the reader has a selection of possible sequels to choose from. Besides creating and reading content, you can also enjoy quality of life features like setting bookmarks (so you always know where you left the story the last time) or messaging friends on-site.
I thank you thoroughly for reading this little intro and for your interest in the website! I hope you will take part in my/our journey. I can’t wait to open up the gates (or cave to give a more apt allegory for a site that has a bat as a mascot) for you and see you creating new worlds with all of the Story-Bats on here!
In this spirit, have a good flight~
PS: If you don’t find answers to your questions in the FAQ then please contact us directly or via Discord.
You can also use this contact form if you are interested in working with us, be it in the form of videos or other collaborative projects.
Story-Bat is all about fiction. We promote imagination, creativity, and the fantasy worlds that exist within us. We don’t even want to know who you are in your normal life. In fact, sometimes it’s more fun not to know. We’re all about persona and creating pseudonyms. This enables us to create more freely and experiment with new things without fear of real-life repercussions.
But just because we’re creative and encourage creativity, we don’t abolish all rules. Constraints can sometimes be oddly freeing in contrast to swimming in the wild open with the sharks.
Here are the guidelines for Story-Bat:
- Have fun. This is a hobby for the most of us. So enjoy your stay!
- Be creative. What Story-Bat is exceptionally good at is freedom of writing. You can help other writers develop their existing storyline or take it in totally new directions. Write Story-Blocks to other peoples’ stories and help develop an exciting narrative. It’s a great way to try out a new style or write something without starting from scratch.
- Be kind, supportive, and constructive with your criticism. We all want to be better writers. We all enjoy feedback on our work. So don’t posts comments on someone else’s Story-Page or –Block you wouldn’t want to see on one of yours. Explain what you would improve and not simple state what you don’t like.
And keep in mind that the more feedback you give to others, the more likely they’ll be to provide feedback on your work as well.
- Respect the work of others, even if you don’t like it. Keep in mind that there’s a real human being with feelings that may be different from your own on the other side of the screen. Even if we share the same goals (for example becoming a better writer), we’re all at different places in our journey.
You can be honest without being brutal. You can be critical without being emotionless.
- No hate. If you can’t create an imaginary group to funnel your hate into, we don’t want it.
- Please don’t feed the lawyers. Please refrain from using characters copyrighted by someone else. You could easily create a character named Antony Power who uses his “Power-Armor” to protect the world from the residence of his “Power-Tower” and tell the same story you would have otherwise.
- Don’t be creepy. You know the guy. Don’t be that guy.
Story-Bat has the concept of “Mature” stories. If you have any doubts, here are the lines for when you should tag your Story as “Mature”:
- Language: If you wouldn’t hear it on a primetime drama on network TV, tag it with mature.
- Sexuality: If you wouldn’t watch a video of it with your 12-year old friend, it probably is mature.
- Violence or Gore: Descriptions of fight scenes are fine. Descriptions of rending flesh and gore? You should probably make it mature.
Note: Please be considerate and talk to the creator of the story if your sequel to it would change its qualification to „Mature“. If it wasn’t marked as mature from the start, maybe there is a reason for it.
Now, a couple words for the kids out there. Because we don’t care who you really are, you should do everything you can to protect your real identity. Don’t tell people where you live, how old you are, what your real e-mail address is or your real name, especially if you’re a kid. We really don’t want to show up on the evening news, and we don’t want anyone to get hurt. So, have fun, but be careful!
Please keep in mind the following terms below that you agree to when using Story-Bat:
- Site Rules
- Legal Notes
- Failure to adhere to these Rules is a violation of the Story-Bat website’s Legal Notes.
- You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available Content:
- that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy in any way;
- that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- that interferes with others’ use and enjoyment of the site in any way, including but not limited to excessive use of capital letters (“SHOUTING”) and any disruptions to the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive amount of Content (flooding attack) to Story-Bat or by any other means;
- that impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Story-Bat Team-Member, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity (this provision does not apply to content that constitutes lawful non-deceptive parody of public figures);
- that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, or misinformative;
- that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- that constitutes or contains “affiliate marketing,” “link referral code,” “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or unsolicited commercial advertisement;
- that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation;
- that includes links to commercial services or web sites;
- that advertises any illegal service or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited or restricted by any applicable law;
- that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- that employs misleading E-Mail addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through Story-Bat.
- Additionally, you agree not to:
- contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted, or make unsolicited contact with anyone for any commercial purpose;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
- collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from Story-Bat - unless expressly permitted by Story-Bat;
- repeatedly post the same or similar Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- create serial accounts for disruptive or abusive purposes or with overlapping use cases. Mass account creation may result in suspension of all related accounts;
- register “Display-Names” for the purpose of either preventing others from registering those names or selling those accounts;
- selling “Display-Names”, unless permitted to do so in a separate agreement with Story-Bat;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Story-Bat computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Story-Bat website;
- use any form of automated device or computer program that enables the submission of postings on the Story-Bat website without each posting being manually entered by the author thereof (an “automated posting device”), including without limitation, the use of any such automated posting device to submit postings in bulk, or for automatic submission of postings at regular intervals; or
- use any form of automated device or computer program (“voting tool”) that enables the use of the Story-Bat “voting system” without each vote being manually entered by the person that initiates the vote (an “automated voting device”); or
- use any form of automated device or computer program (“flagging tool”) that enables the use of the Story-Bat “Report”-system without each report being manually entered by the person that initiates the report (an “automated report device”), or to report content without a good faith belief that the content being reported violates these rules.
- Additional rule for “Trusted users”:
- The right to edit/delete content of other users that are participating to one’s story should be handled with care. It should be used to delete abusive content or correct story-telling mistakes. In no way is it meant as a tool to modify all other content to the liking of the Pathfinder.
- Story-Bat is not going to sell, or intentionally reveal, your personal information to any person or third-party for any reason without your notice. We use Google Ads for some small revenue and PayPal and Stripe for our Patron-system.
- Story-Bat will never use your content for financial gains without your permission. All the content that is created on this site belongs to its respective author.
The site will us the content for advertising Story-Bat on Social Media and our chat-server “Discord” to promote the site itself and the good content on it. However, we will always credit you properly.
- Story-Bat will never spam you with E-Mails or the like and only send out automated notifications according to your personal preferences.
- Please only post content that belongs to you or that you have the right to submit to Story-Bat.
Under the following link, you can find the elaborate version, just for the sake of following standard protocol:
- Information Collection and Use
Information Collected Upon Registration: When you create or modify your account on the Story-Bat website, you provide personal information, such as your username, password, and E-Mail address. Some of this information, such as your Display-Name, is listed publicly on Story-Bat, for example on Story-Blocks or Comments. Certain functions on Story-Bat, such as reading stories, do not require registration. Your E-Mail address will be used to contact you when certain events happen to your content or content that you follow.
Under “Settings” – “Communication” you can define for what events and in which frequency you want to receive E-Mails from Story-Bat. In the same interface you can also opt out to receive any automated notifications via E-Mail from Story-Bat.
Additional Information: You may provide us with additional information to make public on your profile-page, like information about yourself, your location, your website or your spoken languages. While Story-Bat will never use your profile-information for marketing purposes, this information is publicly available and can be used by anyone that has access to the site.
If you email Story-Bat, we may keep your message, E-Mail address and contact information to respond to your request. Providing the additional information described in this section is entirely optional.
Story-Pages, Story-Blocks, Comments and other Public Information: Story-Bat is primarily designed to help you share information with the world. Most of the information you provide to us is information you are asking us to make public. This includes not only the stories you write and the metadata provided with each created Story-Page and -Block, such as when you wrote the content, but also the people you follow or the content you favourite, and many other bits of information. Our default-setting is that unregistered users can only see your profile-page and your generated content. Under “Settings” – “Privacy” you have access to hide your “Online Status”, bookmarked content and friends-list to your liking.
Keep in mind that your public information is broadly and instantly disseminated. For example, your created Story-Blocks are searchable by many search engines. You should be careful about all information that will be made public on the Story-Bat website, not just your created stories.
Log Data: Our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”) created by your use of Story-Bat. Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, the referring domain, pages visited on the Story-Bat website, and used search terms.
You can rest assured that Story-Bat will not use this information for marketing-purposes and will never sell it. We could however use it to make anonymised statistics about the usage of the website.
Cookies: Like many websites, we use “cookie” technology to collect additional website usage data and to improve Story-Bat. We do not require cookies for many parts of Story-Bat such as reading stories. However, cookies are required for proper member interaction with Story-Bat, such as signing up, logging in, and creating stories. A cookie is a small data file that is located on your computer’s hard disk. The Story-Bat website may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with the site, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on Story-Bat, and to improve Story-Bat in general. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. By editing your browser options you can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Disabling or denying cookies from the Story-Bat website may degrade performance of certain functionality.
For the donation system, Story-Bat is using PayPal and Stripe. Financial data like credit-card information is directly processed via those services and not administered by Story-Bat. Please see the respective information pages for those services:
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not disclose your private information except in the limited circumstances described here.
Consent: We may share or disclose your information with your consent, such as when you use one of the above mentioned third party services on the Story-Bat website.
- FastComet - The hosting company of the website
- InternetDevels – The programming partner of Story-Bat
Law and Harm: We may disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect the rights or property of Story-Bat.
Non-Private or Non-Personal Information: We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as your created Story-Blocks or the number of users who clicked on a particular link. The intention of usage is primarily to advertise the website itself and promote good content or to make anonymised statistics.
- Modifying Your Personal Information
If you are a registered user of Story-Bat, we provide you with tools to access and modify the personal information you provided to us and associated with your account in your “My account”-view and in your “Settings”.
- Our Policy Towards Children
Story-Bat is open for everyone. We provide an explicit function to hide content that has been tagged as “Mature”. You can find this setting under “Settings” – “Site preferences” – “Show mature content”.
Some countries require the consent of the parents, or their respective guardians, before a child of a certain age can participate in online activities. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us. We will take the necessary steps to remove such information or even terminate the child’s account.
- Changes to this Policy
Last Update: 27. February 2018
- There are currently no Patrons here. Would you like to be the first? You can donate under https://storybat.com/support-us
- There are currently no Top Patrons here. Would you like to be the first? You can donate under https://storybat.com/support-us
Hall of Fame
Here are Patrons listed that helped leading the site to success in its beginnings or made other valuable contributions.
- There are currently no Patrons here.
Check the “For Supporters/Patrons”-sections below for more info about our Patron-System.
Welcome to Story-Bat!
Since this site is new, this section isn’t very elaborate, yet.
Please take a look at the FAQ here and ask further questions on Discord.
This guide section will be expanded as the site grows.
To try out the functionality of Story-Bat, you can use these Demo-Story-Pages:
- Writing Help
- Ambient Sounds for writing
- Stuff regarding Roleplay in General
What would make Story-Bat better? Tell us your wishes. Share if something is annoying or seems broken. We read everything. Just drop us a message in German or English. You can send in bugs you have found or feature proposals via
Please always check our two Trello-pages we have before sending something in. Maybe your bug or proposal is already known and being worked on.
There is a page for the development of Story-Bat where you have an overview of what ideas have already been suggested. If you are registered on Trello, you will also see on the right side of every Card a "Vote"-button. Feel free to vote for ideas that you would prioritise!
And there is also a page for tracking bugs where we will list all reported bugs and the state they are currently in.
“Home” gives you an overview of the newest entries and the most active stories. From here, you can either jump directly to a submission, to the main page of a story, or to the author who created the element.
You also have a Tag-cloud with defined genres. Via a simple click, you can call up a list of stories that are tagged with the matching genre-type.
“Ongoing Stories” is a list of all actively written stories. You can sort the table according to the filters above or by clicking on a specific column title.
In this table, we also differentiate between the status “Ongoing” and “Sleeping” stories. If nobody has written a sequel for a story for a defined amount of time, it will automatically be set to “Sleeping”. This allows you to look for the most active stories or to take care of stories that have been neglected in the last weeks.
If you click on “Take me to a random story”, the site will throw you to a random one.
Registered users have also a “I want to create my own story”-button to start a new story themselves.
“Concluded Stories” is a list of all – you have guessed it – concluded stories. If the creator of a story decides that it is finished, he can put its status to “Concluded”.
Similarly, if a story hasn’t been continued for an amount of time a moderator can also set this status to clean up the view of “Ongoing Stories”.
The “News”-page is a medium for the admins and moderators of the site to publish news and promote contests and the like.
A “Story-Page” is the foundation for a new story. In here, the author (Pathfinder) of the story defines the core elements like title, subtitle, and genre or could give it a proper teaser-text.
This page sets up the overall setting of the story and is the starting point for all the Story-Blocks (see below) created for it.
A “Story-Block” is a submission to a Story-Page itself or to an already written Story-Block. You could call it a sequel to the element that it was posted to. With each Story-Block the story itself grows and expands.
However, Story-Bat was written in a way that allows the Story-Blocks to be posted all around an existing story. So even if a Story-Page already has 20 Story-Blocks to it, you could still write a sequel for the Story-Page itself and thereby start a completely new path for the story. You are not confined to the already established time-line!
“Steps” are a way of appreciating good content. But they serve a deeper function: Sorting.
Since there can be multiple sequels (Story-Blocks) for the same content, we decided to place them in a specific way, namely either under “Walked Path” or “Charted Path”.
Only the Story-Block with the most steps is displayed under “Walked Path” (see “How do the different Story-Modes work?” for variations of this). All other Story-Blocks are shown under “Charted Path” and serve as options for the reader if he doesn’t what to take the “official” story-path.
In the header of every element (Story-Page or Story-Block) you have the link “Show path +”. By clicking on it, you open up a tree-overview of all the existing Story-Blocks that have been written for that specific Story-Page.
You also have a link on every Story-Block at your disposal to go back one step; or you can jump right to the beginning with links directly to the corresponding Story-Page.
Search looks for exact, case-insensitive keywords. You must include at least one keyword to search the content. Keywords must be at least 3 characters, and punctuation is ignored.
- OR Search: Use upper-case “OR” to get more results.
Example: cat OR dog (content contains either "cat" or "dog").
- AND Search: You can use upper-case “AND” to require all words, but this is the same as the default behaviour.
Example: cat AND dog (same as cat dog, content must contain both "cat" and "dog").
- Phrase Search: Use quotes to search for a phrase.
Example: "the cat eats mice".
- Exclusionary Search: You can precede keywords by “-“ to exclude them; you must still have at least one "positive" keyword.
Example: cat -dog (content must contain cat and cannot contain dog).
Tip: A single search can include multiple quoted phrases as well as individual words to further refine the results.
- Advanced Search: With the advanced search you can look for "any of these words" (same as standard search), a concrete “phrase”, or both. You can rule out words you don't want (“None of the words”), and you can choose content types within which to confine your search.
You can also choose to only scan content marked in a specific language, for example if you use search-words that are existent in multiple languages (“Angel” means fishing rod in German and that’s definitely not a winged being from the heavens).
You can bookmark any Story-Page or Story-Block on the site to keep track of your reading process and get notified about new submissions to these elements.
The “follow”-function is the user-equivalent to setting a bookmark on a Story-Page or Story-Block. You will get a notification each time a user you follow submits something new.
In your “My account”-view you will have a tab “Bookmarked content” where you have an overview of all the content and users that you follow and that follow you. In this view, and also on every element you have bookmarked, you have the option to remove one of your bookmarks or stop following a user.
You can define the effects bookmarked content and followed users have on your E-Mail notifications under “Settings” – “Communication”.
On every Story-Page and -Block you have the option to mark the content as one of your favourites. This has the following effects:
- You make the day for the writer of this element a little bit brighter.
- Under “My account” – “Bookmarked Content” you will have an overview of all the content that you have favourited.
Note: Favourites don’t have an effect on Steps. You also don’t get notified about new content to your favourites, since they only serve as a personal list for you. If you want to get notified about something, you can bookmark it.
On every element is a “Report”-link placed. If you click on it, you can enter a reason for your report and then submit it. We will look through your submission and act accordingly.
Note: The report-function is meant to mark inappropriate content. It is not a tool to simply dislike posts from other users. Please use it responsibly.
At the side of every Display-Name and on every User-Page you have the buttons to send someone a friend-request, follow them (see also “What are bookmarks? Why can I “follow” other users?”) or block them.
In your account under “Friends” is also an input-field where you can search for people to add. Here you have a list of friends you have, requests you have sent out and requests that have been sent to you.
Under your account in the tab “Blocked users” is a list of people you have blocked and an input-field where you can search for people to add. Blocked users can’t send you any private messages and you won’t see their comments on Story-Pages and Story-Blocks. You will, however, still see their Story-Pages and Story-Blocks.
Currently, Story-Bat provides two different Story-Modes:
Only the Story-Block with the most Steps will be listed under “Walked Path”. The “Classic”-Mode provides a more linear approach and highlights the one ‘official’ story-path.
The interface of Classic is meant for linear story-telling (this happens, than this, than this).
The top five (most Steps) Story-Blocks will be listed under “Walked Paths”. In contrast to Classic, adventure favours multiple sequels and shows them to the reader more prominently.
“Adventure”-Mode is meant for ‘Choose-your-own-adventure”-type story-telling where the reader has a selection of possible sequels.
Tip: You can foster a wider variety of sequels to your submission if you leave your part of the story open ended. For example, your character could be standing at a cross-road where he is left with the decision which path it should take.
If you are a registered user, you are able to take part in any story as long as it is open for everyone.
Every Pathfinder can set his Story-Page (and with that the whole story) to “Closed-Group”-mode. In this mode, only users selected by the Pathfinder are able to post Story-Blocks. In conjunction with the Story-Modes, this opens up some interesting possibilities. Find below two examples:
- You can block all other users and be the single author of your story. Other users can still make comments on every Story-Block you create to give valuable input but you keep the reigns on your story.
- You can be the Game-Master of your story and only allow users on it, if they apply to you first. For example, this can be done with a character sheet that the Game-Master provides a template of.
For Story-Creators (Pathfinders)
You can find the “Create my own story”-link on the “Ongoing Stories”-page. With it, you reach a separate page where you can set the parameters of your story. Please remember the following things:
- “Title” and “Story-Mode” need to be defined before you can submit your Story-Page.
- You can’t change the “Title”, “Language” and “Story-Mode” after you have saved your story.
- For all the other fields, you can come back anytime and change it. So you are always able to change the Subtitle, add or reduce Genre and participants, edit your Teaser or change the separate Link.
As long as there are no submissions to your Story-Page or -Block, you are able to edit or delete it as you like (besides the exceptions mentioned above).
When a Story-Block has been submitted to your Story-Page, this function is limited. Only moderators (and trusted users, see ’What are “Trusted users”?’) are able to delete Story-Pages and edit/delete Story-Blocks in this constellation.
We currently provide single-payment options via PayPal and Stripe and also the possibility to subscribe via Stripe.
Just start filling out the information on the “Support Us”-page and if you are using Stripe, fill in your credit card info at the end.
Story-Bat doesn’t have a company behind it. It is not funded by any investors. It is a private endeavour realised by a single person. If you want to take part in this journey, I welcome you aboard and ensure you that we will have great adventures together! (see also “Why should I subscribe and become a Patron?“)
Note: Making a one-time donation removes all the ads on the site for you forever.
Short answer: If you like what we do and want the site to life on and flourish, you should subscribe.
The reason I opened up a “Support Us”-page is that with realising this dream of mine I also generate costs. The site will be free to use for everyone but creating and managing a website doesn't go by ones wallet unnoticed. There are fees for hosting the site and mail-servers. Keeping the website up-to-date and maintaining it also occupies a lot of time. And I plan to do lots of improvements to the site with new functionality.
For all of this, funds are needed.
What you will get in return is direct access to additional content, for example a behind the scenes view of managing and developing the website. With a higher class pledge-amount you also get the chance to have a say in the future of the site. What is needed the most? Where are the greatest benefits?
See the Reward Tiers below for a detailed overview of what you would get access to.
With that being said, you don’t have to feel obliged to donate anything. Not everyone has the finances to hand out cash to a random guy on the internet and you will never be chastised for not being a Patron! Story-Bat will stay for free because money is not the reason I do this. I am just happy that you are enjoying Story-Bat and write your stories on it. Regular payments just significantly affect the amount of time I am able to spend working on this site.
- Starter Patron [1.- / month]
- Access to Patron-only content like sneak peek photos of upcoming features and anything else I can think of that will be fun [Discord]
- AdBlock for www.storybat.com [One-time unlock. Even when you stop being a Patron your browsing experience will be ad-free]
- Knowledge that you help keeping the site alive
- An exclusive role on our Discord-Server
- Backstage Patron [5.- / month]
- Behind the scenes views of managing and developing the website [Discord]
- Patron-only polls [Discord]
- An exclusive role on our Discord-Server
- Plus all previous rewards
- Bat Whisperer [10.- / month]
- Quarterly Patron-only AMA-sessions where you can ask questions about the site and its future and discuss it with me [Discord]
- Every Patron can read but only this tier and above can write.
- Your name will be listed in the About-section of the homepage as an official Patron of the site
- An exclusive role on our Discord-Server
- Plus all previous rewards
- Quarterly Patron-only AMA-sessions where you can ask questions about the site and its future and discuss it with me [Discord]
- Top Patron [20.- / month]
- Access to exclusive channels on our Discord [Text and Voice channel] and an exclusive role on our Discord-Server
- Your name will be listed in the About-section of the homepage as an official Top Patron of the site
- Plus all previous rewards
- Cloud of Bats [50.- / month]
- Quarterly Calls (Discord/Hangouts/Skype) where you can talk about the site with the admin and tell your proposals for it (Group-Session around an hour)
- Access to Live-Stream sessions for site-development, video-editing or the like (I will try to do something for every quarter)
- May require signing a non-disclosure agreement
- Plus all previous rewards
- 1-on-1 talk with the Head-Bat [100.- / month]
- Quarterly Calls (Discord/Hangouts/Skype) where you can talk about the site with the admin and tell your proposals for it (1-on-1-Session around an hour)
- May require signing a non-disclosure agreement
- Plus all previous rewards
Why set goals? I want you to know where the money goes and to understand what effects even small funds have. Besides, having goals is important for every site.
So what is the spectrum? Well, in the “worst-case” scenario the site will stay like it is and I will administer it in my free-time. Best-case would be that I get enough support from all of you to make this site my full-time job! Since this is a pretty big leap forward, I have designed steps along this path.
I will mark a goal as “reached” when we manage to have that income for at least three months in a row. The current monthly income is prominently shown on the “Support Us”-page with the “Contribution Status”-bar.
- 10.- a month
I will be able to pay the monthly fees for the servers (cheapest version) and Story-Bat will become self-sufficient in this regard. Half of the amount will be put to the side to finance future developments and updates.
- 300.- a month
I will be able to make small advertising for the site and expand our community. In addition, we will be able to ramp up the servers if we need more power to support the additional users.
When I reach this goal, every existing Patron will get mentioned in the About-section of the website and will always have a special place in my heart. You were here from the beginning. You helped make something great!
- 1’000.- a month
Overall better experience. Not only better servers but each month a bigger portion of the donations will be put aside to finance future developments for Story-Bat. And I will make a video about this to clarify how huge this milestone is for me!
- 3’000.- a month
I would be able to reduce my workload on my current job so I would have more time for Story-Bat and create new content for you.
I have yet to think about a reaction (video or the like) if we reach this milestone. But rest assured that it will be great. ;-)
- 6’000.- a month and above
Story-Bat will become my main job. I will work full-time in maintaining and developing the site and being a great community-manager for all of you.
This deserves hands-down the greatest celebration video of all time! I will take some hours in writing a script, doing filming and presenting it to you in a quality that you deserve.
I’m sorry to inform you that once you have popped, you simply cannot stop.
All jokes aside, you can find all information pertaining to your payments and running subscriptions under “My account” – “Payments”. There you can check if a payment needs additional info or stop your subscription.
Note: Be aware that stopping a running subscription will make me incredibly sad.
About your account
On the right side of every page you have a “Login”-field. If you are new to the site, just click on the link to create a new account. In the upcoming view, you can not only define your E-Mail and Password but also adjust all the site- and account-settings according to your liking.
On the right side of every page, you have a “Reset your password”-link.
Click it and enter either your username (not your Display-Name) or the E-Mail address linked to your account. We will send further instructions automatically via E-Mail.
Just follow the “Settings”-link on the right side of every page to alter your overall settings for your account or the site.
On the same place, you will find your “My account”-link. Clicking this opens up your personal overview of your “Profile”-section and your other content. In here, you have the tab ‘”Profile Settings” where you can change all your info displayed on your profile page.
Members of Story-Bat that constantly stand out with good behaviour and great participation can earn the “Trusted”-status.
This gives them additional rights to moderate their Story-Pages and all the Story-Blocks created for it. They essentially gain the rights of a moderator for stories they have created.
Registered users have the link “Private Messages” on the right side of every page available to them.
If they click on it, an overview of the existing messages shows with the option to view one of those conversations or to create a new Private Message.
Tip: You can type in multiple names as receivers of a new message to create a group-discussion (divide the names with a semicolon ";").