Bug Fixes 28th November 2018
This is probably the biggest push (after our release) that we have achieved on Story-Bat! I think everybody has earned their presents this year. =]
You can find detailed pictures about this bug report on our Discord Server!
General bugs / Desktop View
- “My Account” view: If switching from “Profile” tab to “Payments”, the “Profile” tab went up
- On profile pages of users that don’t have an avatar picture, there is just an empty space
- In the same vein as bug #2: Under “My Bookmarks” on the “People I Follow” search, the user was appearing without an avatar picture after the search confirmation
- “Home” button alignment issue on the breadcrumbs
- Word-Changes on Story-Pages and Story-Block:
- “edited” to “Edited” (only SP) because it looks better,
- changed “Favorited” into “Favourited” because British English rules, and
- changed “steps” into “Steps” so it looks better for a title.
- The title “Story-Page” wasn’t centered properly vertically
- The title “News” (and some other elements) wasn’t aligned properly vertically
- The Search-field was absent on some “My Account” views like the “Profile”-page
- Improved the gaps at the top of the “Profile Settings” view
- On Internet Explorer (10, 11) the link ”Contact Form” in the footer was moved up above the social media icons or sometimes even overlapped them
- On IE (10, 11) and Edge (17) the filter elements for Story-Pages were always exploded and couldn’t be minimized
- On IE (10, 11) and Edge (17) the “Title” and “Comment” fields had different background colours
- The social media icons in the footer were jittering a little when changing the tabs on the “About/FAQ”-page. For example, while switching between the different “About your account” question
- On some */user pages (example: Profile, Notifications, Settings) the header spacing was too big
- On the “Ongoing Stories“ and “Concluded Stories”-pages: Sorting after "Status" (by clicking on the column title) gave a site-error on some up-to-date browsers
- The “Remember me” checkbox was not always working
- If you first entered http://storybat.com, the checkbox was not working on every browser.
- If you made a failed login attempt (for example with a wrong password), the page reloaded with the info and the checkbox suddenly was working on all browsers.
- The styling on the "Most Active"-view was off for some SP elements
- Some created elements by users had a broken style (author, genre and bookmark link).
- On every Story-Block: "Go to the prequel of this Story Block" had no German translation
- Fixed to "Gehe zum Vorläufer dieses Story-Blocks"
- Notification page > "There no notification for this moment."
- Correct: "There are no notifications at the moment."
- Some changes to the admin interface because I deserve nice things, too
Tablet View bugs
- Link to “Contact Form” in Footer was jammed into the social media icons
- The menu button was in the middle of nowhere
- Under “My Account” while navigating the tabs, the whole “My Account” row would disappear
- The title “Private Messages” and the corresponding create-button were not placed properly and didn’t match the overall layout
- Tooltips were sometimes shown out of screen
- The link to ”HOME” wasn’t placed in the center
Mobile View bugs
- On the “Ongoing Stories” and “Concluded Stories” pages, a horizontal scroll was not displaying under the table
- On the “About/FAQ”-Page some yellow outlines on selected elements destroyed the overall colour design
- Another fix for spacing. This time between the horizontal scroll bar and the tables under “My Bookmarks“
- Under “My Account” – “Profile Settings” long image descriptions for the avatar broke the frame
- You were able to scroll horizontally on the “News”-, “My Friends”, and “Profile Settings”-page even though there was no additional content